30 Apr 2005


Tim Brender was getting ready to move and “knew he needed to start getting things organized,” said his wife, Lani. The Madison, Wisc., man went to the basement of his rented townhouse to start packing. He moved a table, which knocked over a can of spray paint, which landed on a hammer on the floor. The can was punctured, and it started to spray wildly, shooting paint into the water heater. The paint fumes were ignited by the pilot light, which ignited a cushion, which spread to stored gunpowder. The ensuing inferno destroyed everything in the home. “You couldn’t set up this scenario to happen,” Lani said. (Madison Capital Times) … Fire investigators believed that, since the couple wasn’t insured.

More stories like this from This is True.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.