How to get rid of fleas without the use of pesticides*
Some more great tips from the UPCI’s Healthy Choices Healthy Lives magazine:
Fleeing From Fleas
- Thoroughly clean pet beds and resting areas both indoors and outdoors in hot soapy water
- Thoroughly and regularly vacuum floors, rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and crevices around corners to remove flea eggs and larvae
- Place vacuum bags in a sealed bag and throw out since flea eggs and larvae can survive inside the bags
- Use a special comb to remove fleas from your pet and comb on regular intervals to reduce occurrence of fleas
- Spray your pet daily with a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water
- Use an enzyme shampoo on your pet
- Mix brewer’s yeast, or vitamin B or garlic tablets in with pet food.
- Rub animal’s coat with fennel, rue, and rosemary
- Place eucalyptus seeds and leaves where the animal sleeps
*As a last resort and after consulting with a veterinarian, use topical liquid spot treatment
so now your too good for fleas then ?
That’s what this post is all about. Instead of killing them we just make sure they know they’re unwelcome in our middleclass neighbourhoods.
but livvie, what about the fleas? how are they supposed to live in this big bad world?
SAVE THE FLEA
Thanks! I’ve been wondering for year how to get rid of my fleas. LMAO.