11 Mar 2013

Maintain a permanent business address while you travel

Do you dream of taking your business on the road in the USA, possibly on a permanent road trip? Are you a full-time RVer? Do you make frequent overseas trips for extended periods of time and still have your parents or friends collect your mail for you?

mail forwarding on the roadNow there is a way to keep an official street address where you can receive mail, have that mail securely scanned and emailed to you to view online, and then forwarded to wherever you are or securely shredded. I used to make use of this service all the time (through Earth Class Mail) which afforded me a huge amount of freedom, and its surprisingly inexpensive these days. Not only is this awesome but if you are smart you can also save on income taxes. Check out the prices:






And while you’re thinking about it, it might be worth considering travelling to and becoming a resident of one of the following tax-exempt states and getting a real street address there:

  • Alaska
  • Florida
  • Nevada
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Washington
  • Wyoming
  • Tennessee (limited income tax on individuals – dividend and interest income only)
  • New Hampshire (limited income tax on individuals – dividend and interest income only)

Please feel free to add your tips in the comments!


  • chloe peppercorn
    March 13, 2013 Reply

    sweet! good to know. wish arizona was on the list.

    • } bird {
      March 16, 2013 Reply

      Me too… me too!

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.