Butternut Squash Wakame Casserole Recipe
From The Hip Chicks Guide to Macrobiotics by Jessica Porter
- 2 Cups of onions sliced in thin half moons
- 1 Cup of Wakame, Soaked and sliced into 2 inch pieces – SAVE the Water.
- 2 TBS of sesame tahini – I like the toasted but either works
- 1 tsp of shoyu (soy sauce) or we use tamari
- ½ small buttercup or butternut squash – or whatever winter squash you favor.
Preheat over 350. Place onion in a saucepan with small amount of wakame water. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes
Remove and place in a small casserole dish. Mix wakame with onion. Dilute tahini with ½ cup of wakame water and shoyu. Mix this in with onion and wakame.
Smooth mixture evenly in dish, and layer squash over the top until covered. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10-15 min.
To remove excess liquid and slightly brown the top.
Leave a Comment